Hair drugs of abuse testing offers up to a 90-day window for detection of drug use prior to the test date and a convenient collection process that can be performed almost anywhere.
Initial screening tests performed by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) with confirmation of presumptive positive screens by gas chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (GC/MS/MS) or liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS). Results for specimens that screen negative for all drugs are generally available within 48-72 hours after specimens are received at the laboratory. Results for confirmation testing of presumptive positive screens are usually available within an additional 72 hours.
- Methamphetamines – Ecstasy (MDMA), MDEA, MDA
- Marijuana (THC/Carboxy THC)
- Opiates – Heroine (6-MAM) Codeine, Morphine
- Synthetic opiates – Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone ,Oxycodone
- PCP (Phencyclidine)
- Cocaine – Benzoylecgonine, Cocaethylene, Norcocaine, Hydroxycocaine
- Benzodiazepines – Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Diazepam, Lorazepam, Nordiazepam, Oxazepam, Temazepam.
More drugs/substances can be added upon request.